Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Berry Tart

Nicole organized a last minute dinner party at her house, with the usual suspects. They know who they are!!
I only had about two and a half hours to come up with a dessert and make it too!!
I went to the store and as it happens most of the time, I found my inspiration there.

A berry pie!
You already know my strawberry pie, so this time I changed the fruit, got a new crust recipe and with the help of a quickly prepared pastry cream, and ... voila!





Berry Tart

Serves 8

Recipe for one Sugar Crust (the recipe is for two crusts)

One Vanilla Pastry Cream recipe

Blueberries
Blackberries
Raspberries

1/3 cup raspberry jam, or other berry jam
2 Tbsp raspberry liquor (or any liquor of your choice)



Bake the crust according to directions. Let cool
Spread the pastry cream on the crust.
Place the berries in circles on top of the cream.

In a small saucepan, heat the jam. When hot, pass through a sieve to remove the seeds. Add a the raspberry liquor.

Brush the top of the berries with the jam mixture.
Reserve in a cool place, but you do not need to refrigerate before serving.

Should you have leftover (and I seriously doubt you will!), you may keep the pie in the fridge. The crust should stay dry and crunchy!

2 comments:

  1. This tart looks fantasti! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan@thepartybee.comJune 16, 2011 at 6:23 PM

    Soooo beautiful and I'm certain that it tastes as good as it looks

    ReplyDelete

Be the first one to comment!