Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pancakes

I know. I know. It has been a while since my last post. But here I am, back with new recipes!
An easy one this morning!
My Mom, sister, Catherine, and her children (Clara, Simon and Constance) are here visiting from France. Simon always has a few requests when he comes and one of them is pancakes! I am not sure if he really likes pancakes, he absolutely loves maple syrup!!!
This morning I made both blueberry and chocolate chips pancakes!



Whole Wheat Pancakes

Serves 8


3 cups whole wheat flour
6 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
6 Tbsp butter, melted

1 1/2 cup milk or 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Chocolate chips
Fresh or frozen (do not thaw) blueberries.
Maple syrup


In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, melted butter, milk (or buttermilk) and vanilla extract.
Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir only to moisten the batter.

Heat the griddle on the stove. Butter it and pour some batter to form pancakes. Add the chocolate chips or blueberries on top of the pancakes. Cook for a few minutes, until bottom becomes golden and flip over. Cook for another couple of minutes and serve with fresh butter and warm maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first one to comment!