Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quiche with Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes

May is going by very fast, also I am really counting the days until school ends!
I have been very busy, between school, soccer and ...a new job! I am back into the catering business! Ardeo, The Fire of the Mediterranean. I am no at a yacht club anymore, but a golf club!! Funny when you know i refuse to touch a club since I threw my back on my first try!!!
But the job is what I love to do, staff is nice and the food is good!

Since starting this new position, I have neglected Charlotte and Spice, but I am getting back on tracks! And today, I am serving a savory tart, recipe inspired by Eric Kayser, THE baker of Paris!



Quiche aux Champignons et Tomates Cerises



Serves 8



One Whole Wheat Pie Crust with chopped mint (see notes on the recipe )

1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
4 large eggs
1 cup milk (25cl)
1/2 lb creme fraiche (250g)
5 oz feta cheese (150g), crumbled
1 lb (500g) Cremini mushrooms
1 lb (500g) cherry tomatoes, halved
Olive oil
Salt and pepper




Preheat the oven to 350F.

Roll out the crust and line a buttered and floured pie dish. I like to use the metal dish with removable bottom.
Bake the crust for about 20 minutes. Check it regularly to see if bubbles form. If so, poke them with a fork. You can also use pie weighs when baking the crust. When baked, let cool.

In a bowl, whisk the eggs, the milk and creme fraiche. Add the feta cheese and about 1/2 cup finely chopped mint. Cover and refrigerate. May be prepared the day before.

Wipe the mushrooms clean and cut into fourths. Saute the mushrooms in a pan, with a little olive oil, until slightly browned. Let cool.

Add the mushrooms to the cream mixture and pour into the crust. Add the halved cherry tomaotes on top and bake for about 25 minutes.

Serve hot with a salad (I love arugula with a quiche!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first one to comment!